Freelance Journalist, December 2011 – Present
- Cover social movements, education, housing, homelessness, and public institutions in the US and France for publications including Al Jazeera America, The American Prospect, Gothamist, In These Times, n+1, The Nation, NewYorker.com, The Progressive, RollingStone.com, Salon, and the Village Voice.
- Finalist for a 2014-15 Fulbright-National Geographic Digital Storytelling Fellowship.
Cultures of Resistance Network, New York, NY
Outreach and Research Assistant, February 2015 – Present
- Assist the Cultures of Resistance Network Foundation and Cultures of Resistance Films with social media and website content and maintenance.
Kim Phillips-Fein, New York University, New York, NY
Research Assistant, June 2014 – Present
- Assist Kim Phillips-Fein, a historian and author, with research for her articles and classes.
- Assisted with research for her 2017 book, Fear City, from 2014 to 2016. This was largely archival work at the New York Public Library and various university and municipal archives.
The Nation, New York, NY
Web Editorial Intern, June 2013 – August 2013
- Fact-checked, copy-edited, proofread, and produced articles and blogs for TheNation.com.
- Pitched and wrote articles for web and print.
Verso Books, Brooklyn, NY
Intern, May 2012 – August 2012
- Wrote blog posts for Verso’s website, did editorial research, wrote press releases, designed publicity material using InDesign, and assisted with the production process.
- Passed Verso’s proofreading test and worked as a freelance proofreader in addition to my internship duties.
NYU Local, New York, NY
National Staff Writer, January 2011 – May 2012
- Wrote weekly blog posts and features about labor and student organizing for nyulocal.com, NYU’s independent student blog.
Village Voice – Runnin’ Scared, New York, NY
Editorial Intern, September 2011 – December 2011
- Wrote for Runnin’ Scared, the paper’s New York City news blog. My pieces included coverage of Occupy Wall Street, student protests, and the New York City SlutWalk.
New York University, Gallatin School of Individualized Study, New York, NY
- Bachelor of Arts in history and social movements, May 2014
- Minor in French
- GPA: 3.9; Magna cum laude
- Awarded honors on a senior project that combined history and original reporting on student organizing at Cooper Union and CUNY
- Awarded a Dean’s Award for Graduating Seniors to research housing organizing and urban social movements in Paris in summer 2014
- Proficient in WordPress, Movable Type, Drupal, InDesign, Photoshop, and basic HTML
- Fluent in French
- Intermediate Spanish (Studied at Proyecto Linguistico Quetzalteco de Español in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala)